Friday, November 21, 2008

Summit Trip a Success

We ended up with 13 people. There were a wide variety of reasons people visited, from students studying Interior Design and Education to parents wanting to know more.

The Summit staff was incredibly inviting and friendly. I felt very welcome and free to observe and talk to the staff. I was very impressed to see that there was a program on Fridays where the 7th /8th graders were tutoring the Kindergartners. There was also a
kind of assembly where kids of all ages got into groups and were given tasks they had to keep working to figure out the best way to achieve their goals ( getting a beanbag to a partner across the room).

I enjoyed seeing the level of respect the children were given. I and four others had a very nice Q & A with the Principal [Krislock]. He was absolutely amazing. He is so knowledgeable and friendly. ( I wanted to steal him for our school !!) He also spoke separately with the design students. I am really glad I went. --Gabrielle

No comments: